LSHS Landmarks Project Article: Lee Sherrard Park
Lee Sherrard Park
More commonly known as the Linton Conservation Club, the 660-acre park is located on Park Road just north of SR 54 on the east side of Linton. The park includes an 8-mile mountain bike trail, 300 public campsites, and 14 stocked lakes, with three handicap-accessible and designed for children. The park also houses the 1930 Center of Population Marker and a historic community building, known as the “Clubhouse” that was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) as a project of the Works Progress Administration in 1930.